Global chip maker Qualcomm that recently filed a new patent infringement lawsuit against Apple now expects ‘out of court’ settlement with the Cupertino-based iPhone maker.
According to a Fortune report on Tuesday, Qualcomm CEO Steve Mollenkopf said during the Brainstorm Tech conference in Aspen, Colorado, that “those things tend to get resolved out of court and there’s no reason why I wouldn’t expect that to be the case here.”
He was comparing the dispute with Apple to earlier fights Qualcomm has had with other tech companies that were settled out of court.
Mollenkopf, however, added he didn’t have any specific news announcing a settlement was on the way.
“I don’t have an announcement or anything so please don’t ask,” he told the gathering.
Earlier in July, Qualcomm asked the US authorities to ban imports of some iPhone and iPad models.
Qualcomm filed a complaint with the US International Trade Commission, accusing Apple’s iPhones and iPads of infringing six of its mobile patents.
Qualcomm said all iPhones and iPads that contain competing mobile communications chips should be barred from the country.